Do you want to grow your sales through email marketing?
Come to DIGITALIUM 2019 to learn from email marketing expert Jessica Best!
Jessica Best @ DIGITALIUM 2019 – Email Marketing: The Good, The Bad & The Wow
Jessica Best started her career in radio advertising before becoming addicted to measurable, targeted marketing. After years of focusing on ROI and customer retention, she fell in love with email marketing.
She’s worked to lift ROI in customer – and data-driven marketing for a broad range of brands like Dairy Queen, Spirit Airlines, Winnebago, Planet Fitness, Water.org, Farmland Foods, Hallmark Baby and more.
In 2016, she was rated in the top 50 Awesome Marketing Women to follow by Search Engine Journal.
In 2017, the Kansas City Direct Marketing Association honoured Jessica as the Direct Marketer of the Year.
In 2018, she was named one of DMNews magazine’s 40 Under 40, honouring the best and most accomplished marketers in the industry under 40.
Jessica’s session at DIGITALIUM is designed to teach you email marketing strategies that nurture your customer relationships and help drive more sales.
- 5 things you should always do in email marketing
- 5 things you should never do in email marketing
- The right way to grow and nurture your email marketing list
- The anatomy of healthy email marketing design and layout
- How to avoid the common pitfalls and mistakes many email marketers make
Email – the first digital communication tool
The email was not invented, it came to be organically in the late 60s – early 70s as a result of the development of computers.
The first email system was a program designed to send messages to the users of the same computer. Once computers began to talk to each other over networks, the email system started to evolve into the form we know and use today.
Seth Godin – an early supporter of email marketing
In 1995, famous marketer, blogger and author Seth Godin founded Yoyodyne, a pioneering email marketing company. He created successful email marketing campaigns for high-profile companies like AOL, Microsoft, Sony Music and American Express.
Seth understood early on that the power of attention brings an even more powerful factor: interest.
If consumers agree to learn more about a company and its product, then consumer interest will move them closer to the point of making a purchase. Seth coined this strategy permission marketing and wrote a book about it.
Email marketing has a 4000% ROI
Email marketing is not dead. According to the latest statistics, email is a thriving communication tool for the marketers that know how to use it in their marketing campaigns.
- 83% of B2B companies use e-newsletters as part of their content marketing program
- 40% of B2B marketers say email newsletters are most critical to their content marketing success
- 99% of consumers check their email every day
- 80% of business professionals believe that email marketing increases customer retention
- 59% of respondents say marketing emails influence their purchase decisions
- 59% of marketers say email is their biggest source of ROI
Email marketing yields better ROI than banner ads, mobile, internet display, SEO or good old fashion catalogues – 40$ for $1 spent. That’s an ROI of 4000%!
Could any marketer create successful email marketing campaigns? Could any email marketing campaign get great ROI?
Yes and yes!
Then why isn’t every company crowned the King of Email Marketing by its customers?
Because there are specific guidelines for crafting the best email message that most marketers don’t follow.
There are dos and don’ts that marketers should take into account when designing the email layout or writing the email copy.